Saturday, January 10, 2009

Taking Up Space

I really haven't spent the last three days hyperventilating and tingling and jumping out of my skin; nor have I spent them drugged to the gills. In fact, the number of X*nax in my little bottle is exactly the same as it was last week.

That panic attack passed, as they usually do. It was a rather quick passage, to be honest, probably helped along by being forced to think about someone other than me--GASP! I know! What a concept! To be more specific, it was helped along by hearing about someone else's ongoing panic attack...one which made mine look like nuttin'. I wouldn't exactly call it schadenfreude,* but there is something liberating in knowing that not only are others going through what you're going through, but they need your help to get through it. If that makes any sense at all. (So thanks, you. And I hope you're feeling better.)

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that would work with physical illnesses as well? I mean, I've got this niggly little cold/sore throat combo thingy that's making me cranky. Anyone wanna call me and tell me about how you have the flu, to see if we can knock this thing right outta me? I'd definitely appreciate it!

*Avenue Q is definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. Ever.

No comments: