Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love When My BIL Writes My Entries For Me

In my email box this morning, after BIL took N out for lunch with friends yesterday:

Yesterday in the car, N and I were playing an alphabet game: I started with "A" by coming up with a word that begins with that letter, so I said "apple." It was N's turn with "B," so he said "blue"--and we went through the entire alphabet that way. I had just finished "O" with "octopus" when I handed the reins back to N for "P." It occurred to me idly at that moment that I'd have been willing to bet every cent I owned on predicting the next word to come out of his mouth. He didn't disappoint me.

It's true. Males operate on one track only. Rest assured that if Em had been playing with us and had landed on "V," we'd have been discussing vacuums and voices and violets. Girls just don't go there. They actually have lives.

1 comment:

Leila said...

I adore N. And your BIL.