Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Supposed To

I'm supposed to write a post about the creepy guy who invaded our personal space at the park last weekend, but that would require cropping the hysterical photos Deb sent me, but i just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to go through the pile of junk I took from N's room and put onto our futon in the office (and next to my desk and behind my chair and under my filing cabinet and...), but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to plant some seeds in the front yard, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to go through the seriously getting-out-of-control piles on my desk, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to take a whole bunch of hand-written notes and put them into an Excel spreadsheet for work, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to write two short freelance articles for a nurse-practitioner's magazine, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to have written notes to both N's and Em's teachers, since I didn't have the energy to get them end-of-the-year gifts, but I don't have the energy for that, either.

I'm supposed to gather a bunch of samples of other synagogues' newsletters, because when I gave up being PTA President for the Religious School, I took on the editorship of our monthly newsletter, and I need to see what else is out there before I start deciding what I want to do with ours, but I just don't have the energy. (I'm also supposed to have written a post about how that change in positions came to be, because it was sort of funny in a mini Rube-Goldbergian way, but I just don't have the energy.)

I'm supposed to go though all of N's clothes to weed out the stuff he's outgrown and the stuff he's stained so badly it can never be worn again and the stuff he's chewed the collars off of, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to think of something I can do to commemorate Baroy's play's opening tomorrow night, but I just don't have the energy.

I'm supposed to do a lot of other things as well, but I just don't have the energy to even list them all out.

I need more energy. That, or a lot fewer things that I'm supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

Ambre said...

I'm supposed to be commenting on my friend's blog.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let me know what you want cropped and I'll do the pic for you.

Green said...

My mom was a fan of giving our teachers flowers at the end of the year.