Monday, July 21, 2008

Quiet

I know. I've been quiet.

It's not because I have nothing to say.

It's because I have nothing I *can* say.

Pretty much everything going on in my life right now is not bloggable. It's all stuff that would break confidences and/or other basic blogging rules. And the little everyday mundane things? When your mind is chewing on Big Stuff, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. I tried to write about a mildly funny incident earlier today, and as I read it over, I did laugh out loud...mostly because I had, in my current state of mind, managed to suck ALL the funny out of it. And I wasn't even trying! And the more I mucked around with it, the less funny it got...until I couldn't remember why I'd thought it was amusing in the first place.

And so, instead of writing, I'm working and worrying and playing volleyball with N's new beach ball in the backyard and agonizing over which type of fish to buy for dinner (fresh or frozen? farm raised or wild? imported? and which type is it that isn't going to kill me with mercury or god only knows what else?). When you start to tear up in frustration at the fish counter in Ralph's, you know you really need to get a hold of yourself.

I really need to get a hold of myself.

And, to top it all off, Baroy is deeeeeeeep in post-production depression. Hell, I might as well call it postpartum depression...he's literally been working on this production since October, making it a full-term theatrical experience. So here we are, Baroy moping and me all anxious, and poor N wandering around lost without his big sister to get him involved in the social scene on our street.

Yes, it actually is just as much fun as it sounds. Our summer vacation: Having a great time! Wish you were here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. When are we taking our sons to the playground? Wednesday? Thursday? Pick a day.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought of the middle-end of July as the sea of doldrums. The excitement of summer is waning, the sweet anticipation of fall is still too far off. Time to be extra good to yourselves and this too, shall pass....