Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spelling Whiz

I'm still on vacation (back soon! promise!) but had to pass the following email from my brother-in-law Steve along. He sent it to my other brothers-in-law a couple of weeks ago, but held off on telling me/Baroy/my mother "until after the window of disciplinary possibilities had closed." Smart man.
I was on the phone with N this afternoon. He was talking in the family room and had me on speaker, as usual. The following dialogue ensued:

N: Uncle, I'm going to take you off speaker now. (To TC.) Mama, I have to talk to Uncle in private for a minute outside.

(I hear TC assent and then hear the patio door open and close.)

N (In a whisper): Uncle?
ME: Yes, sweetheart.
N (Still whispering): B-I-C-H, Bitch. F-U-C-K, Fuck. S-H-I-T, Shit. D-A-M-I-T, Dammit.

(I hear hear the patio door open and close again.)

NOAH (To TC): Okay, Mama. I can put Uncle back on speaker.

I'm still weeping....
I am, too, of course. But for different reasons. (OK, I'm actually laughing my ass off. But don't tell N--or my brother-in-law--I said so.)