Monday, September 24, 2007

Ball buster

A couple of years ago, N had a twofer surgery to take care of an undescended testicle and an epigastric hernia. The surgery went well in the sense that he woke up from the anesthesia, had no complications, and was in very little pain. But other than that, well, it was more or less a complete bust.

Today we went to see a new and different urologist about N's right testicle, the one that used to be just fine, at least until a couple of days after the surgery on his left one. And...hey! Who didn't see THIS coming?...they want us to schedule a surgery to pull this one down, too. I said that I wanted to see yet ANOTHER surgeon before we did so, though--again, one to look at the hernia and tell us if there's likely to be a reason to operate on it within the next couple of years, because if there is, then I want them done at the same time AGAIN. Except this time? I want a written guarantee. Not that they'll give me one, but still. Because I'm really not sure what I'll do if my kid gets cut into again only to have everything reverse twenty minutes post-op. All I can say is that it will probably involve the cutting-into of said surgeons' own scrotum. And maybe a little twisting of the balls held therein.

2 comments:

kristen spina said...

Okay. Don't even get me started on doctors today. Your poor little guy!


Sorry. But, really, I'm feeling very medically discouraged. Sigh.

po said...

Poor N :(. I hope everything goes okay and gets taken care of, once and for all.

To quote Elaine in Seinfeld, "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things." Seriously, FLAWED design!