Sunday, September 23, 2007

Make believe?

While I was out taking one of my errand-running walks (though I suppose I should call them errand-walking walks!) Em and N decided to put on a show. By the time I returned, they had created this very surreal, mime-ish, fully choreographed skit about a robber (Em) and a policeman (N). There were flips and parts where Em threw N over her shoulder and carried him across the room; they wrestled and did martial arts moves, and you could tell they'd rehearsed every move. And at the end, the policeman was lying on the bed in a heap, and the robber was raising her fist in victory.

"Hold on!" I protested. "The robber wins?"

"Yup," Em said, smiling.

"So what kind of point does that make?"

"No point," she replied. "That's just the way it goes."

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love it! Very surreal and profound. Not surprising, coming from Em.