Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lion Days

There are dark, ominous clouds rolling in over the horizon. I know I shouldn't complain; I've seen the pictures from Atlanta. But there is little that I find more oppressive than heavy rain-laden clouds. I have never been one to enjoy 'weather.' Baroy loves rainy days, because he loves sleeping to the sound of rain on the roof. Me, I love nothing more than a blue sky and temps in the 80s. That's why I love Southern California. I didn't come here for the rain.

Em is a SoCal girl to the bottom of her heart; in fact, right now she's in her friend's pool, having the first swim of the season, even though it's maybe 65 degrees out. "They pool's all heated up," she whined when at first I told her I didn't think it was a good idea. "It may be cold outside, but it's warm in there." I trust the mom in question to pull them out when the clouds really start to cover us, so I gave in. Em's yearning for real summer, and so am I.

Just a few minutes ago, N looked out the back windows of the house (out front it's still sun and blue skies; out back it looks like an entirely different world) and exclaimed, "It's a lion day back here! Where it's sunny over there it's a lamb day, but here it's a lion day! That's weird!"

Me, I'm just going to wait these lions out--preferably under a warm comforter--and wait for the lambs to return.

No comments: