Sunday, November 18, 2007

That man makes me laugh

It's Sunday-night get-together with the gang. Eight adults, nine kids. The youngest four or five boys are running around with various gun-like toys, shooting at each other. S, the mom of the house, stops them. "Hey, you guys know the rule! No shooting at people!"

"But Mom," says one of her sons, "Dad said we could."

Looking over at said Dad, I roll my eyes disbelievingly. "You didn't really tell them they could shoot at people, did you?"

"Actually, I did," the Dad replies.

S makes a face in his direction that pretty much says it all. "Ooooh, you're in trouble," I say.

"Well," the Dad says, "I thought it was assumed that when I said they could shoot each other, I only meant they could shoot each other until their Mom saw them and put an end to it."

2 comments:

po said...

Has someone been reading that Dangerous Book for Boys :D?

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, our role in life!
Cheers